Useful 2 Some - The Technology Blog

Technology oriented blog with some exceptions!

Some people will not mind too much about the Ads that appear when you open an email but people who are using netbooks and have less desktop space to work with, it can be a nightmare scrolling along the screen.

I have been using a Firefox add-on called 'WebMail Ad Blocker' and it does exactly what it says just blocks out the ads. It even works in Yahoo Mail and Hotmail but I have not tried it on there. I will use GMail as an example, the screenshots below show the difference with and without the add-on.

Without WebMail Ad Blocker:

With the WebMail Ad Blocker:


You can streamline your webmail experience even further depending on what email system you use; the GMail options are:


I have left everything default except for unchecking the 'WebMail Ad Blocker' link. After you install the add-on at the top of the screen next to your GMail address there is a link 'WebMail Ad Blocker', which directs you to the developers PayPal page for donations, which I have disabled.

As I said before some people will not mind the ads but I like the nice clean interface the add-on gives.

Give it a go, direct link for the add-on: WebMail Ad Blocker

0 comments:

Post a Comment