Useful 2 Some - The Technology Blog

Technology oriented blog with some exceptions!

I think its time to clear some of the biggest rumours associated with the phone over the past few months.

- The highly publicised rubberised back - NO
- The glowing Apple logo - NO
- The OLED screen - NO
- iPhone Nano - NO
- Front mounted camera for video conferencing - NO
- A camera flash - NO
- iPhone 3GS name - YES
- Video shooting - YES
- Design overhaul - NO
- Increase in iPhone speed and memory - YES
- Magnetometer/compass - YES

Overall I am rather disappointed with the new iPhone maybe I was expecting too much. Some of the new features like internet tethering, video recording and a landscape keyboard can already be done with a jailbroken phone. I personally think the magetometer is just a gimmick how many people are actually going to use it.

It is good the speed and memory has been increased along with the better battery life but that does not push me to upgrade my current 3G iPhone, I will just update the firmware to v3.0 and wait until the next iPhone or maybe an Android handset.

0 comments:

Post a Comment