I am running Nagios to monitor all my servers and VPN connections and for some reason on my Dell servers I was getting the following error:
This was relating to the check on the fans, psu, voltage and temperatures, I tried moving the utils.pm file into the locations listed in the error message and no such luck and I also had a look at the check_omsa_snmp.pl script and could not find anything wrong? The checks were working when I ran them from the command line so I looked in other places for the solution.
Well it happens that Embedded Perl Nagios (ePN) caches the compiled script and does not try to recompile it until its timestamp changes. So I opened and closed the check_omsa_snmp.pl script for the timestamp to change and uploaded it back to my plugins directory and restarted Nagios and this time it compiled sucessfully.
Such a simple solution.
**ePN failed to compile /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_omsa_snmp.pl: "Can't locate utils.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/nagios/libexec /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at (eval 1) line 28,
This was relating to the check on the fans, psu, voltage and temperatures, I tried moving the utils.pm file into the locations listed in the error message and no such luck and I also had a look at the check_omsa_snmp.pl script and could not find anything wrong? The checks were working when I ran them from the command line so I looked in other places for the solution.
Well it happens that Embedded Perl Nagios (ePN) caches the compiled script and does not try to recompile it until its timestamp changes. So I opened and closed the check_omsa_snmp.pl script for the timestamp to change and uploaded it back to my plugins directory and restarted Nagios and this time it compiled sucessfully.
Such a simple solution.